Making the Team
Recognizing and Overcoming Personal Biases and Stereotypes
- What was your favorite part of the game? What was your least favorite part?
- Which scene stuck with you the most
- Did Sophia’s story remind you of something that you've seen in real life? What was similar?
What was different?
- How did playing Sophia’s story impact your mood?
- Who in this story exhibited bias? Did they display discrimination, prejudice, or stereotyping?
- Who demonstrated ethical behavior in this scenario? Which ethical principles did they display?
- Were you satisfied with Sophia’s outcome? Why or why not?
- How would your school and community have reacted to Sophia’s decisions?
Would this have changed her outcome?
- Play through the story again. Did Sophia’s experience change based on her new decisions?
Which play through had the better outcome?